Thursday, January 3, 2013

The Snake and the Foolish Frogs

There was a snake who had become weak because of old age.  He could no longer hunt frogs and rats for his food as he used to.  The snake thought "If I don't find a way to find food soon, I'll surely starve to death."

Just then he saw a group of young frogs playing near a pond.  They were lead by the prince of the frogs.  The old snake suddenly had an idea.  When the curious frogs came closer, the snake spoke to them gently.  "Do not fear.  I stopped hunting frogs.  I'm here to serve you!"

The prince of frogs took the snake to his parents.  The king and queen frogs decided to make the old snake their royal mount.  The cunning snake allowed the king, queen and the prince of frogs to ride on his back.

But soon the royal frogs realized that the snake moved too slowly.  They called the snake and asked him why he could not move swiftly like the other snakes.  "I have not eaten for many days.  I made a promise not to hunt frogs anymore", said the snake.

The next day the king frog summoned all the frogs together and made a proclamation that each day two frogs should go to the snake as his food.  "Hiss! At last my plan succeeds", thought the snake.

In just a few days the snake had eaten many of the frogs in the pond.  He was now strong and swift again.  At last one day only the three royal frogs remained.  He turned on them with a wicked hiss and said, "Hiss!  Foolish Frogs!  I have eaten up all your subjects.  Now you are my prey." And the snake hunted the three royal frogs too.

Moral:

  • Doing good to the bad still yields bad.
  • Stay away from the bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment